Murdo Girl…On and off the road..days 18, 19, 20

We love going places we’ve never been. We drive and then stop, again and again.

We love having a house that takes us around..through mountains, valleys, and each little town.
We love that our animals can all come along.. for as long as it takes.. for as long as we’re gone.

20161029_203311
GUS AND HIS NEW BEST FRIEND, CYNDIE

Yesterday, we drove up to Mt. Baldy. It’s a short drive from Ontario where Gus lives.

************************

We have time to relax, and time to explore. Who could ask for anything more?

We miss the family and friends left behind, but we visit our old friends. (The ones we can find.)

It was 22 years since we’d seen friend JoAnne. We’ll see her twice, in a one year span.

We saw cousin Val two more times than we would have. She broke her crown, one more time than she should have.

wp-image-386199991jpg.jpg

BROTHER BILLY AND LIZ TOOK GUS, KIP, AND ME TO A WONDERFUL DINNER. NOW A FOND MEMORY.

20161028_193913

wp-image-391101490jpg.jpg

We look forward to seeing Patti and Jim. Some of our most treasured times are done on a whim.

I’m writing this poem while betting on horses. We’re watching the races and eating three courses.

I PICKED A WINNER, BUT IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE, FOR BILLY AND GUS TO HAVE ANY FUN.

wp-image-278034757jpg.jpg
Was that horse 5 in the 7th or horse 7 in the 5th?

Tomorrow the family will come spend the day. We’re having a picnic at camp KOA.

If you’ll be seeing us soon, I guess I should warn ya. We’ve eaten our way through Southern California.

New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Nevada..we had more to eat than we shoulda hadda.

We try to remember, when we eat all that stuff..We’re not too fat. We aren’t tall enough.

We’ll say bye for now. Let a new day begin. We know where we’re going. We love where we’ve been!

wp-image-1292985285jpg.jpg

ec5c0600028e7c657d4cd89908f1372b
WE’RE COMING TO THE PICNIC..CAN WE BRING ANYTHING?

18 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…On and off the road..days 18, 19, 20

1. sanjuan831 October 30, 2016 / 9:48 am

Thanks for starting my day off with a highly hilarious poem and sweet darling photos! So happy you got together with we relatives in CA! You got around—Mt Baldy is so close, glad you got up there also. Have a relaxing bbq. Safe travels, cuz.

2. scoper07 October 30, 2016 / 10:03 am

Your poetry says it all. Writing the poem while betting on horses. See you can multitask after all. You get to eat a lot more courses.

• scoper07 October 30, 2016 / 10:33 am

How wonderful for Gus!

3. Mari Jackson October 30, 2016 / 10:57 am

Everyday I anticipate another “Day in the Life” story and I have never been disappointed! Thank you for taking all of us along on your adventures, it’s been so much fun! Love you all, continued safe travels!

4. grinchy44 October 30, 2016 / 1:09 pm

You didn’t tell your followers about your big win (30-1) later in the day. Are you hiding the money from Kip?

• Mary Francis McNinch October 30, 2016 / 2:48 pm

No I didn’t and yes I am! It’s like Mark and the ashtray..I would have paid you back for all those losers you bought me Billy, but I gave you $6 for the winning ticket!

5. scoper07 October 30, 2016 / 2:02 pm

30-1? MG’s buying a round. Everyone be at the Buffalo Bar on Main Street at 5:00 tonight.

• scoper07 October 30, 2016 / 2:54 pm

Story of my life.

6. lifelessons October 31, 2016 / 2:58 am

Um, Mary. I think someone has photoshopped that photo of the guy in the kilt next to that other Queen since I last saw it. You must be running a PG blog…