Murdo girl…Birthday preparations underway

wp-image-535996117jpg.jpg
Murdo Girl..The Early Years..(I’m the one with the red dress showing.)

I will be celebrating my 65th birthday on New Years Eve, and I have a very big night planned. The Jamaica RV Park in Galveston has insisted on hosting a party for me at their Clubhouse. They suggested it should be from 4-6, but I told them I don’t even eat dinner until 4:30 or 5:00, so they said for me and my party to “Just show up”, and we would, “See how it goes.”

I have two choices for my first number. It will take a big commitment from my two back-up rappers, but I think they can be persuaded to practice a little. Here is choice number #1, but first read the next paragraph.
**If you have dogs in the house, you might want to put them out, or at least in a different room with both doors closed. You might have to shut the thing off after the first run through. When I listened to it, it just kept playing it over and over.**
Please remember, I did not have time to practice, and I haven’t entirely given up on singing either..that’s just FYI.
Lyrics by Val
Title: Murdo Girl..It’s a Rap
I’m 65 and I’m feeling ‘ alive, you know I can jive, watch me now,  ( you’re jumping around, all lively, dancing and groovin’)
Watch me now, takin’ a bow, you say WOW, I say Pow! ( Punches the air.)
MG girl takin a twirl, what a sweet pearl,  you go girl!
Watch me now, Wearin’ a crown, so you can’t put me down, you can’t wear a frown!
I’m too funny for that, I’m too sunny for that, I’ve got money for that!
Watch me now, watch me now!
Tin foil queen,  stealing the scene, you know what I mean?
Just 65, feeling alive, thought I could thrive.  Cept’ I can’t really jive…( slowing down, shoulders slumping, lethargic)
This party’s sublime, but I’m outta rhyme, plus it’s my … bedtime.
It needs work.
Sent from my iPad
I just didn’t have it in me to record choice #2 tonight. It’s after 7:00 p.m. and I’m gradually extending my bedtime. That way I should be conditioned to stay up late by the 31st.

14 thoughts on “Murdo girl…Birthday preparations underway

1. scoper07 December 13, 2016 / 8:17 pm

Keep on going lady. I think you’re feeling it. Your party will be a blast I’m sure.

• scoper07 December 13, 2016 / 8:31 pm

My reference point is you were the hit of the parade. Lav helped though.

• sanjuan831 December 13, 2016 / 8:33 pm

If you still have that green MG banner from July, take it along and hang it by the stage or entrance.

2. sanjuan831 December 13, 2016 / 8:22 pm

Woo hoo and hot dog!!! Awesomeness! You were radical, MG! I agree with Scoper07, so maybe repeat the entire thing plus leave out the directions for what you’re doing at the time. Don’t rap what’s in the parentheses! Keep practicing!
    Can’t wait for numero dos song. You’re going to be a big hit!

• sanjuan831 December 13, 2016 / 9:58 pm

I meant that you should go through lyrics twice or add new ones maybe. You sounded so great on YouTube!

• Mary Francis McNinch December 13, 2016 / 11:30 pm

Really? That was my first attempt..I don’t think it’s gone viral yet..write more if you get inspired.

• scoper07 December 13, 2016 / 8:25 pm

Maybe Ted Mack will invite her. Oh wait. He is a lot older than us.

• scoper07 December 13, 2016 / 8:29 pm

Oops. Can’t help it. It is the only reference point I have. My world is sooooo small.

3. sanjuan831 December 13, 2016 / 9:00 pm

I think they’re still called lyrics in rap music terminology. Forgot to tell you, Loved your background music also!