Murdo Girl…Doggon cat

My name is Pearl the dog and I live with Pearl the human. If she finds out what I did, Pearl the human will be fummin.

We live in an apartment above a grocery store. It has a lot of rooms for a canine to explore.
There’s a room way down the hall that has a cat inside. I know cause it’s called the cat room, where cats must like to hide.

Today, the door was open and I went to have a look. I sniffed in every corner and nosed in every nook.

I tried real hard to find a cat. I really was dog bent. I smelled high and low and everywhere, but didn’t find a scent.

I heard someone approaching so I hid behind the door. I felt like such a bad dog… like I’d never felt before.

Guess what happened next? I should have never wagged my tail. I bumped the door and it slammed shut. Now the cat room was my jail.

Would someone come and find me? If I barked would someone hear. The more I thought about it, the more I shook with fear.

I heard a human walking by. I couldn’t find my bark. I really wanted out of there. I get scared when it gets dark.

I saw the doornob turning. The door came open just a crack. Would I be in the dog house cause I had planned a cat attack?

I closed my eyes and waited. I soon would know my fate. Would I see kindness in their eyes or be penned up in a crate?

I heard a phone a ringin. Someone yelled, “Pearl it’s for you.” She turned and left to answer it. Now what was I to do?

The door, still slightly open, gave me a great idea. As I nosed it open wider, I heard a cat’s voice say…”I’ll see ya.”

When I got to Pearl the human’s rooms, I turned to look for just a minute. Pearl was headed for the cat room. I was glad I wasn’t in it.

Alf and Annie aka Pearl the dog and Soo’-tah

12 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Doggon cat

1. countrygirl57 January 25, 2018 / 4:29 pm

Lots of smiles with this one! I loved it😍😍👍🏻

2. sanjuan831 January 25, 2018 / 9:37 pm

I have always loved that Gary Larson comic with the dog’s signs- ”Cat fud…”!

• Mary Francis McNinch January 26, 2018 / 5:47 am

Kip framed s copy and put it on the laundry room wall. I used to get Gary Larson’s calendar every year. Love his humor!!

3. lifelessons January 25, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Ha! Very well done… Phew. had me on tenterhooks there for a minute. Glad you didn’t let the cat escape.

• Mary Francis McNinch January 26, 2018 / 5:49 am

There really was a cat room above Sanderson’s Store. Val said the store cat lived there. They took him to Bork’s ranch and he came back…

4. scoper07 January 26, 2018 / 6:38 am

It was 16 miles to the Bork ranch. He must have driven back. I like your poetry MG.

5. sanjuan831 January 26, 2018 / 9:10 pm

Yes, like the song from the ‘60’s.
    The Cat Came Back….