Murdo Girl…Boxes, Bunnies, and Berferd

We took another tiny step toward tiny home living yesterday. Since the RV garage is ready, we decided to move everything out of the three storage units we occupy, for a total if $150 per month, into the garage.

Does this look like minimalist living to you? This is only the contents of one unit. We have two more to go. It’s ridiculous!

I noticed many of these boxes were labeled, “garage.” Some were marked, “important tools.” I would be willing to bet 99.9% of Kip’s tools made the cut.

Okay…full disclosure… I had more Beasterhop boxes than I remembered. And a few bunny paraphernalia I picked up at the church garage sale have.been riding around in the jeep with me.

*************************

“Don’t worry, Fluffy. We came from Barbara’s house and we’re keepers. We just can’t multiply.”

I’ll go back and read my goal notes.

The question is, “Are we ready?” The answer is, “It doesn’t matter.” Like it or not. The time has come. Well, as soon as we get some electric juice and a water/sewer hook-up, we will be faced with ridding ourselves of a whole lot more antiminimalistic hangers on.

We don’t need them…the lesson here is, if you do what we just did, you’ll have to handle everything twice…at least. Remember all the stuff we so proudly got rid of?

On to something else. I had the facts wrong. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking,  “What was I thinking?” Penny and Midnight were not involved like I said in the last blog. Remember? Berferd was Penny’s offspring. His father was a homeless and rather mangy mutt with a sad story, and there was no denying he was Berferd’s biological father.

(Berferd had a lot of personality. This dog is smaller than he was, but the look is similar.)

A couple of years ago, I wrote about how we discovered Berferd’s paternity. Someone found a deceased dog on the side of the road and thought he was Berferd. How many dogs have wirey, mangy looking hair in three colors? (Penny’s hair was copper colored.) When Berferd came home from eating popcorn at the show, we figured out the dog, who went to a better place, wasn’t him. It was his father. Poor Berferd had just lost his only known relative.

Midnight was Scamp’s mother’s  puppy daddy. That makes more sense anyway, because Scamp was all black like Midnight and he lived south of Hiway 16 where Midnight spent most of his time when he was visiting from Pennsylvania. Scamp’s mother must have lived in the neighborbood, too. Maybe Greg Miller knows who she was. Scamp was their dog.

Scamp and Midnight were black and mostly some kind of spaniel. So was Smokey, Uncle Wayne’s dog.

We’re going to load more boxes, and then, the furniture.

P.S. Kip just said my housekeeping style is best described as, ” There appears to have been a struggle.”

He’s gonna wish he hadn’t kept that heavy old crowbar.

12 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Boxes, Bunnies, and Berferd

1. countrygirl57 April 23, 2018 / 2:44 pm

I am smiling 😉😉.   Sounds like ya’ll are making some headway!!

2. slmret April 23, 2018 / 2:55 pm

I’m working on the first cut for a downsizing move in early 2019. I hope not to resort to storage units, but to move what I haven’t given/thrown away by then, and make a final cut as I put things away. Hopefully two cuts will do the trick. I’m glad to follow your experiences, though, as they give me an idea of how to write my goals!

3. And She's Off! April 24, 2018 / 5:18 am

Came home from eating popcorn at the show 😁-adorable.

I feel your pain, when I left Nashville, I kept finding more and more boxes after giving “everything ” away. Where does it all come from?

4. scoper07 April 24, 2018 / 7:22 am

What a lot of work. You and Kip are going to be buff when the moving is done. Hopefully the storage units are near by. Hope your bunnies behave.

5. sanjuan831 April 24, 2018 / 8:44 am

I wasn’t made to work that hard. I think when I visit, I’ll sleep in your giant garage.
    I feel badly that you’re working at exercising so much.
    Just to cause more canine controversy, wasn’t Penny’s dog dad my Midnight?

• Mary Francis McNinch April 24, 2018 / 12:52 pm

Oh…could be, cuz. Who fathered Scamp? I don’t remember where we got Penny. Do you?

• sanjuan831 April 25, 2018 / 8:27 am

I really don’t know where you got Penny but thought Midnight was her father. My Dad took me to a pound to pick him out as a tiny puppy in PA. Guess we should ask Andrea and Greg about Scamp’s background. Dogs are the best.
        Do you have a Move in date?