Murdo Girl…Whateverland

1-IMG_0841

Well now that The Donald has officially accepted the nomination of the Republican party, and Hillary’s convention is next week, it will soon be time for Barney and Murdo Girl to quit loafing around and get Murdo, the center of it all, fired up again. We can probably have a convention in The Harold Thune Auditorium now that all the alumni have cleared out. I don’t blame the Coach for putting plastic on his floor. Do you think that’s why it was hotter than fire in there? My hair looks dripping wet in every picture. With my most recent bad haircut, it didn’t look that good dry.

1-IMG_0884
I was so hot, I couldn’t wait another minute for her to turn around, so Val snapped this photo. You’re my favorite Mrs. Peters!!

I had to go to the doctor a couple of days before I left for Murdo. It was just a regular check-up. I had gained a few elbeez since the last time. When I commented that I had gained weight only because I was going to a reunion, the good Doc said, “You look great and everyone you see will think so too!” Then as I was walking out, he said, “Of course, there’s always someone who looks better.” What is that supposed to mean? I will say most of the alumni I saw, were pretty well preserved.

1-Big Crown
I’m sick of Murdo Girl!! Neon? Tasteless

For the Parade, Valerie was dressed like the Queen who’s 90, and I was supposed to look like an eight year old playing dress-up . I’m sure there was more than one eight year old that looked better than I did.

1-IMG_0423
Hi honey..you’re not 8..it says kindergarten on the sign

Kip thinks it’s kind of weird that I’ve been wearing my red gown and tinfoil crown every day. I don’t see why he should care as long as I continue to do all my chores. Well, not all of them I guess. Part of the reason I still wear the gown is because I haven’t done the laundry in three weeks. When I wear the dress, I have to wear the crown or people will look at me funny.

Yesterday,  I hung around the Monitor until it got too hot. The Monitor is our local newspaper. (I don’t have a “Newspaper Liaison” here  like Teresa in Murdo.) I believe in being proactive when I need to get noticed for publicity. You know, for my campaign. They finally snapped a couple of pictures. The picture was okay. It was even on the front page, but the caption said, “Aging queen posing as an 8 yr. old. Approach with caution.” It’s not true what they say. There is such a thing as bad publicity.

10-Royalty 1969

02-100_0394
I like crowns too Grammy

“Hey Queenie! What would you say to your older selfie?”

I came home and Kip had started the wash. He is doing great after some serious back surgery. It was hard work nursing him back to health. When I left him to go to Murdo, I had to remember to call every day. Our friends, Pat and Jerry who drove him places and did other things, said he was great and never complained. Our kids always behaved better for someone else too.

09-SSPX0006
I’m Jerry
10-100_0917
I’m Pat

Unfortunately, I just found out from Lav that Texas is not one of the states we filed in so campaigning here will do me no good. I’m going to ask Kip if we can take the RV to Murdo for the convention. “Aggressive Informant, have you found out anything more about that low flying plane?”

I don’t think she heard me. Poor thing, she tries so hard. I hate to tell her, but that plane isn’t flying. I like the new hat though. It completely changes her look. My Photographic Drawer does good work.

Teresa, Coyote Liaison, and Sherri, Photographic drawer

I have to remember to ask Jerry  Elrod, my bean counter, if we have enough $ to buy more tinfoil.

1-20160715_112006
Me, Jerry and Lav, hobnobbing in Murdo with some of my constituents, Paul and Ralph Thomas, Judy Dykstra Brown and Patti Dykstra Arnieri

What I’m trying to say here is there will be some campaigning, complaining, and explaining; Murdo talk, storytelling, relishing, and embellishing in the days to come. After all..I don’t want my crown to lose it’s luster.

1-20160723_093032

15 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Whateverland

1. Valerie Halla July 23, 2016 / 10:51 am

“Whatever land” is the perfect title for this one! Laughed five times at least while reading it! Kip thinks it’s weird you wear your red dress and foil crown around the house? I think it’s perfectly normal —he’s King of the Road and you’re “Murdo Girl – Queen of whatever”! You look stunning in all those close ups and with your arms raised waving to your fans!!! Who wouldn’t want to relive all that !? When do we meetup with your photographic drawer? (Love the selfie in the mirror shot.)

• Mary Francis McNinch July 23, 2016 / 11:39 am

Guess we’ll have to take a side trip to meet Sherri. I think she lives in Pierre and is from Presho. She’s a Miller so who cares? Miss you Lav!

2. countrygirl57 July 23, 2016 / 11:30 am

Chuckles all the way through. Thanks for all the smiles 😃😃😃😃😊😊😊😊👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😀

3. scoper07 July 23, 2016 / 3:48 pm

Just keep the luster on your crown shining and no one will forget who to cast their vote for. Thanks for all the laughs. You have nothing to worry about. We need more selfies though.

• Mary Francis McNinch July 23, 2016 / 4:13 pm

Okay 07, but my selfie stick isn’t quite long enough. I’m way out here in Whatever Land. Thanks for your support.

• scoper07 July 23, 2016 / 4:41 pm

You have my vote Murdo Girl. Maybe your photographic drawer can make your pictures look like selfies. You have a lot of talent helping you. Maybe your A I can get an IFR rating.

4. Sherri Miller July 23, 2016 / 10:03 pm

Guess I got busy and missed this one. Glad I caught up with it, because, as usual, it’s a good one! Couldn’t think of anything better than meeting up with you and Val sometime. I know it would be a great time!

5. lifelessons July 25, 2016 / 6:09 am

I am amazed that there are no earlier comments on this post. I think perhaps the other girls are a bit miffed that you are hogging all the glory, Mary. They thought that forty-some years later they were going to have a chance to wear that crown, but i guess you are just going to be the perpetual Homecoming Queen! How old are you going to be at the 150th County Anniversary Parade? (BTW, tinfoil doesn’t tarnish.) I am not bitter by the way. I think you deserve to be a queen for life. This was just stuff I overheard in the girl’s restroom. Those closed stalls can come in handy when collecting info.

• Mary Francis McNinch July 25, 2016 / 6:51 am

Sometimes, if you get down on your knees and look at the shoes, you can guess who’s talking to themselves in the next stall. On the QT, I like being the PQ. I will be 94 at the 150th.Three years younger than Aunt Irma. I plan to be GM of the parade, so glad tinfoil won’t tarnish.fv

• lifelessons July 25, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Oh no, those of us who make it with you plan a grander head adornment for you than tinfoil. And we are going to attach it to long flowing locks such as the ones Connie would have worn at 94!

• Mary Francis McNinch July 25, 2016 / 4:05 pm

I sure know how to pick friends. I’m a good friend too. I mailed a card to you today, and it cost me $1.65. (That was a tacky thing to say since you gave me something so special. Part of which will be included in tonight’s story.)

• lifelessons July 25, 2016 / 4:58 pm

Ha.. I’ll let you know when it arrives. My last Xmas card got here in April! I wish my mail could speak so it could tell me what adventures it experiences on the way here. I imagine digging little tunnels under “the ” wall or swimming rivers, pack horses over the Sierra Madres, burros through Cartel country, hitching a ride somewhere around Aguas Calientes, a little stopover in Tequila land, a few wild nights out in Guadalajara and then, finally, a hard landing tossed over my garage door. Yes, that is how my mail is delivered. I usually run over it at least once before I read it. But if Sponge Daddy won’t talk, I’m afraid your letter won’t either. We can imagine though, can’t we?

6. lifelessons July 25, 2016 / 6:10 am

Style hint: (It is okay to use “by the way” twice in one comment if you use the initials one of those times.)