Murdo Girl…Do I have to draw you a photograph?

Murdo Girl has been suffering from the repercussions  of her injuries which occurred due to a poor choice of words on her part. Her loyal team heard her say, “Please slap some sense into me.” The next in line for Next Pres and the Queen, took her literally and  socked it to her. That being said, we are all acutely aware of the lingering after effects of the unfortunate blow.

20160901_091329.jpg
I didn’t mean to hit her that hard. I’m just a little (grunt) weakling

Let’s take a look at the current status of  Next Pres Murdo Girl. She and her team are all at The Brick House working through these challenging times.

Let’s check out the break room.

848dad6864afded1471efb732c2a4c54

Sherri the Photographic Drawer: I am on the verge of carpel tunnel vision. This place is wearing me out. I’m all for promoting Murdo Girl, but I’m not going to draw another photograph until I know MG has recovered from that one two punch. Has she stopped talking in rhymes?

Treason: Nope! I went to see her in the Next Presidential Suite right before my Brick House Briefing. I asked her if she wanted me to quote her on anything. Do you want to know what she said?

Sherri: No

Treason: She said… “I’m getting better every day. Your Next Pres is here to stay.”

Sherri: That’s it? That’s all she said? I missed the Brick House Briefing. How did it go?

Treason: We had it in the Rose Garden Room. I get a headache every time I go in there. It’s bad enough the whole room is full of plastic roses. I personally think they went too far with the fake grass and trees. They named the trees after Mrs. Bartlet. I guess they must be Bartlet Pear Trees. They even have a little putting green in there. I heard Coach Applebee wanted it to be named after him, but we just can’t get into a war of the named after stuff, you know. It would make the most sense to name it Palmer Putting Green. After Marv Palmer, not  Arnold. Anyway, It’s a little hard to keep people focused when they want you to be quiet while they putt.

It got a little dicey when a reporter from the  Murdo Coyote asked about Lav taking over the Next Pres duties.

Sherri: Ooo..I can’t even photographic picture that. Where is Lav anyway?

wp-1472735847175.jpg
Where am I anyway?

Hm..It appears to me those two haven’t heard about Lav’s shed full of bags of coffee beans. Where could they have come from? We’ve all been trying hard to watch where our beans are going. We were all under the impression that we were going to have to balance our bean budget. This old Brick House burns a lot of beans, then of course a bean just doesn’t go as far as it used to. Anyway, let’s hunt down A I and DM. They might have some answers.

DM: A I, I don’t know how long we can continue to cover up Coffeegate. I’ve questioned Lav, but she keeps saying she has no idea how the beans got into her shed. Do you think somebody planted them there?

A I: Gee DM..I don’t know..Can coffee beans grow in a shed? Who would think to water them? Shh…here comes Jerry. Wow. He looks like he’s bean up all night. Hi Jerry. You look like you’ve bean up all night. Do you want some coffee?

Jerry: Don’t mention coffee. I’ve been over at Sanderson’s Store helping them inventory coffee beans. Their beans don’t add up. They’re missing 20 large bean bags. Where’s Lav? Have you guys seen her?

DM: Why are you looking for Lav? You know Lav, she hardly ever knows anything.

Jerry: I was just listening to the people over at the store. Having Lav as acting Next Pres is a real nail biter. I sure hope she lies low for a while.

wp-1472737617662.jpg
We see your feet Lav..Lie Lower

There is no one more concerned about the state of things than Murdo Girl. That’s why she is now working with a speech therapist. She’s doing “rhyming rehab”. Let’s see how that’s going. Looks like the crossed eye is still a prominent feature on MG’s face.

20160829_214722

Therapist: Now Miss Murdo Girl, repeat after me…The rain in Spain falls Mainly on the Plain.

What? How is that supposed to help MG to stop rhyming. That therapist looks familiar…hmm

7360f2d8923b357e3210deb0e29c4808-1.jpg

Where is acting Next Pres Lav going with a tumbleweed strapped to her car? And where did she get that car?

wp-1472735648884.jpg

Look at the Queen!! She’s wearing the JCHS colors. “Oh here’s for Murdo Corgis.”

Here in lies the problem. Murdo Girl cannot carry on her responsibilities as Next Pres if she can’t talk right or see straight, or is that see right and talk straight? Either way, it speaks of disaster. If MG isn’t able, the next in line is Lav, who struggles on a good day. She is now under a cloud of suspicion because the coffee bean bags missing from Sanderson’s Store are in her shed. At the moment, the only people who know the location of the bean bags are DM and A I. Except…if Lav is the victim of a set-up, who is behind it all?

I have an idea…let’s put sunglasses on MG, tell everyone she has laryngitis and put a rush on the Inauguration. We’ll figure it all out after the dance.

1. I’m honored with the “Kvamme Keurig Coffee Pot.”  2. I’m in favor of “Bartlet Pear Trees,” 3. Skip me I’m from Laramie, 4. I like “Dutch Microwave Oven.”

IMG_0982

40 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Do I have to draw you a photograph?

1. countrygirl57 September 1, 2016 / 5:30 pm

Chuckled all the way through this one😃😃😃

2. scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 5:48 pm

Oh my gosh. This was several bushels of laughs Murdo Girl. Extremely clever and packed full of references: coffeegate, Bartlet pears, Palmer putting green. All excellent. I’m laughing all the way to Jones County State bank. Wonderful job Murdo Girl. Thank you!!!

• scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 6:07 pm

I can’t stop laughing at the tumbleweed! We’ll get to the bottom of this. There is no way Lav could have taken those coffee beans. A I will be able to do some sleuthing and clear her name. Remember she is suffering from crownitis.

3. Mari Jackson September 1, 2016 / 6:18 pm

Drama, trauma and Coffeegate! Wow, I certainly hope that MG recovers in time ( after all, she was elected and the people choice! ) but I have confidence in Lav as well! Oh I cannot wait to hear how this unravels. I mean, what the future holds! Love, love your blog!! 🙂

• Mary Francis McNinch September 1, 2016 / 6:35 pm

I’ve missed you Pico! I think we’ve got to get Lav off the Mocha. I know she’s more than just a tumbling tumbleweed

4. Mari Jackson September 1, 2016 / 6:55 pm

Sorry, Murdo Girl! I’ve been moving my office to another building in town, and it hasn’t been fun. One night, I left my phone somewhere in one of my offices.

Don’t totally cold turkey poor Lav, she needs her mocha. Maybe Lav and I should check into Betty Ford, they do chocolate addictions right?

• Mary Francis McNinch September 1, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Sorry for my passive aggressive behavior. We’ll keep Betty Ford for 3 in mind , but not til after the dance.

• Mary Francis McNinch September 1, 2016 / 7:13 pm

BTW..Lav is testing small school kids this month. I think she goes to bed around 7:30..that’s 5:30 our time.😵😉👸

5. Mari Jackson September 1, 2016 / 7:20 pm

That’s a tough job, we love teachers! And elected officials from such as yourself!

6. scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 7:31 pm

Repeat after me Murdo Girl:

Red leather, yellow leather

Repeat this 50 times in a row and it should cure you of your rhymitis. If this doesn’t work try penicillin. You know what they say about penicillin.

• scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 7:58 pm

It worked. You didn’t rhyme this one time. You may need therapy for speech. That is something I cannot teach. 🤔

• scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 8:13 pm

Trying to make you smile.

7. Mari Jackson September 1, 2016 / 9:35 pm

I’m going to have Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn in my head for the rest of the night! I think we should do karaoke now, but it’s bedtime. Sweet dreams to Murdo Girl and Lav: you are both My Fair Lady!!

8. sanjuan831 September 1, 2016 / 10:02 pm

Lav will never live down coffee gate, but maybe she can claim mental emotional stress from the crownitis and tumbleweed post office stress syndrome. She was headed to pick up her mail in that red, white and blue car but they wouldn’t let her send that giant weed because it qualifies as a drug.

• Mary Francis McNinch September 1, 2016 / 10:05 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Next Pres has a permanently crossed eye and she can’t talk right. Wanna flip a coin to see who gets inaugurcorinated?

• scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 10:06 pm

Don’t stress Lav. We can get the Next Pres to sign a decree to change the Post Office creed to:…Nor rain, nor hail, nor tumbleweed,….and you’ll be in the clear.

• sanjuan831 September 1, 2016 / 10:10 pm

As long as the wording in the decree rhymes!

• scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 10:15 pm

I’ve already been vetoed!

9. sanjuan831 September 1, 2016 / 10:02 pm

Texas time is two hours later than California time last I checked.

• scoper07 September 1, 2016 / 10:09 pm

You prefer multiple choice or true/false tests don’t you?

10. sanjuan831 September 1, 2016 / 10:11 pm

Do not have a coin to flip but can we flip a bean.

11. sanjuan831 September 1, 2016 / 10:17 pm

I prefer a mix of T/F, multiple choice, small answer, essay and matching. Also appropriate for the level of the learner. Lav’s level is — idk.

12. Mari Jackson September 1, 2016 / 10:19 pm

Flip a bean.. Heads I win, tails you lose! 🙂

13. sanjuan831 September 1, 2016 / 10:22 pm

Whoa…”inaugurcorinated”? Did the Queen tip you off about that? Lav won’t be able to pronounce it.