Once upon a time, many years ago (about 60), there was a sister and a brother who were babysitting their two little sisters while their parents went to visit some friends for a couple of hours. It wasn’t long before a war of words, and a few actions ensued. What course would you imagine an altercation like this would take?
Both injured parties felt it was very important to document their side of the unsatisfactory situation. Karen and Kip were the documentors. Kristin and Karlyce the innocent young girls whose lives were entrusted to a couple of rebellious older siblings.
One important thing. When the youngest of the siblings, (Karlyce), later found the napkin Karen had written her tale on, and the lined paper Kip had written his ‘attorney like’ replies on, she made sure they were both preserved for posterity. (That’s you and me.)
(You can read Karen’s larger handwriting on the napkin. I will translate Kip’s response at the end of his statement.)
Karen and her Mother, Naomi graduated college together.
“This is business like,” is written at the top of the page of Karen’s deposition.
- Kristin told Karlyce to not like me. Reply: Karlyce accepted her.
- They kept teasing and making noise so I couldn’t study. Reply: I gave them fair warning, but they didn’t accept. Reply: They kept making noises, so I pushed them around some.
- They ran in the dinning room, front room and hall without wiping their feet. Reply: I tried to call you.
- Kids had gone to bed. Reply: I was studying and Karen started to play the piano just to tease me. Reply: I whistled as loud as I could. Reply: She called me a madman and choked me around the neck. Reply: She went upstairs and wrote a note about me.
- She came down and played the piano again! Reply: I didn’t listen, so she came out there and made lots of noises. Reply: I wish you would take action against these thoughtless insults.
- I tried to be nice to Kristin at first, but she ran in the front room, so I made her get out, so she got Karlyce to turn against me. So if Karen even calls me a bully like Mike and afraid to fight somebody my own size, I’m going to beat her up.
**Note from MG: I don’t know who Mike is, and I didn’t want to ask Kip because I was afraid he would whistle loudly in my ear.
The Family during happier times..Smile..(Maybe next time.)