Murdo Girl…Sick in bed

I thought I should take a few minutes and let you know why I have been missing in action for the past several days. I haven’t had the energy to pick up my cell phone, let alone type on a keyboard. I haven’t been able to say more than a couple of words without being thrown into a fit of coughing. I don’t know what hit me, but Friday night, it hit me hard.

My faithful friends and guardians.

Thankfully, my doctor has office hours on Saturdays. I was able to get in and get started on Tamiflu, an antibiotic, and a decongestant. I tested negative for flu, but I was told it sometimes doesn’t show positive in the early stages. I also think my friend, Pat is right. The harsh chemicals I was using to clean, aggravated everything.

I feel much better today, so I’m going over to the small house and help Kip finish up. Calcium, Lime, and Rust are safe from me today. Formula 409 will work just fine.

I am so thankful we were able to move into our cozy motor home. The dogs and I got caught up on a lot of sleep. The cat took some pretty long cat naps too.

I’m under there somewhere.

I’m also very thankful the nice couple who bought our house have been understanding. Today should so it!

No more running on fumes.

8 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Sick in bed

1. sanjuan831 February 19, 2018 / 10:38 am

My dearest sweet cuz, I am sorry to hear this. Totally agree with Pat. Chemicals used in cleaning are harsh and fumes toxic. Don’t get to feeling too rambunctious just because you had that T. shot. You might feel better but it can knock you down again. This flu is dangerous. Like my Mom always said, “Your health comes first.”

• Mary Francis McNinch February 19, 2018 / 5:54 pm

You know, Cuz…I have decided that being sick stinks. I am too old to fool around with my health. I am going to make eating right and exersizing a priority, again. Miss you…

2. scoper07 February 19, 2018 / 12:14 pm

Glad you’re on the mend MG. With me, I always get sick after being under intense stress (at work) and then I finish the project and the stress subsided. Then I end up sick. I always thought it was my immune system getting mad at me. Take care and keep resting. You have good company!!

• Mary Francis McNinch February 19, 2018 / 5:50 pm

I hope you are following your own advise 07..We finished up at the small house today, now we’ll have some downtime while the tiny home is being built.

• scoper07 February 19, 2018 / 9:49 pm

I am following my o n advise MG. I don’t want to goof this up. Physical therapy is going great. My strength and range of motion are great.

3. lifelessons February 20, 2018 / 3:06 pm

I got so ill when they were retiling my houste that I ended up in the hospital, Mary.. All the work of moving stuff, plus the dust gave me brochitis that turned into asthma. Stay away from those chemicals… use fans and face masks. It is important. If they are strong enough to remove lime deposits and rust, just think what they are doing to your lungs…I have spoken!!!! I shall be obeyed.

• Mary Francis McNinch February 20, 2018 / 7:54 pm

I always listen to you, Judy. I am still recovering, but feel so much better. We managed to close the doors behind us for the last time yesterday. We’ll have a little breather before the next phase.

• lifelessons February 20, 2018 / 10:26 pm

I’m glad. Take it slow so you are healthy to appreciate your sniny new home and life.