Murdo Girl…Sometimes when our eyes are closed

wp-1536203224009.jpg

Sometimes when our eyes are closed, we can see much better

I can’t seem to find the words, so let’s do this together

We can sit here quietly and I’ll take your hand in mine

I’ll look inside your hurting heart and see what I can find.

I see the one you’re missing is right where they belong

They want you to know they have been there all along.

See them fill it up with all the love they have to give..

They want you to remember, in your heart is where they’ll live.

Let’s sit here a while longer. You can tell me what you see

A smile, a laugh a wink… a treasured memory?

Remember all those things you thought you never would forget?

The good and maybe bad times. And it’s not over yet.

One thing about memories…you’ll soon recall the cream of the crop

Because the bad ones sink to the bottom and the good ones rise to the top.

When our eyes are closed, we can see a little better.

Let’s keep them closed a little while and say a prayer together.

South Dakota photos by Dianna Diehm

wp-1536203571971.jpg

Murdo has lost some good people these past few weeks. I hope this poem helps you find peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you…

This sunflower photo was taken near Vivian, SD, by Nancy Authier on the day of a family member’s funeral. Thank you Nancy

wp-1536203250410.jpg

10 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Sometimes when our eyes are closed

1. countrygirl57 September 6, 2018 / 6:55 am

Beautiful poem!

• Mary Francis McNinch September 6, 2018 / 7:03 am

Thanks, dear friend. It needs a little work, but I can’t think of another word for heart.

2. countrygirl57 September 6, 2018 / 8:02 am

Brings back so many memories of my Mom. She has been in heaven almost 30 years exactly- September 8, 1988! So thankful for memories and for friends who have such great writing skills.

3. scoper07 September 6, 2018 / 8:54 am

Well said MG! Yes we have lost a lot of good people lately.

• scoper07 September 6, 2018 / 9:31 am

Sadly I have heard of your aunt’s passing.

4. sanjuan831 September 6, 2018 / 8:55 am

This is lovely and sad and thoughtful and well said. It’s hard to find the perfect words but you
    do it all justice. Sad time losing Aunt Elna. Did you lose some others-
    Friends in Murdo recently?

• sanjuan831 September 6, 2018 / 9:53 am

I didn’t know. I recognize all the last names but you know the faces and people. So so sorry.