Murdo Girl…Testing 1..2..3

Testing, testing, one, two, three. I’m prepping for a colonoscopy.

It started with a lingering cold. I went to the doctor who began to scold.

He said I needed a physical. The last one was two years ago.

Considering all the things he found, I’m surprised I’m even still around.

He said my blood pressure was through the roof. I smiled and asked, “Is this a spoof?”

20190111_1928188370569074709216774.jpg

My cholesterol was way too high…must have been all that Christmas pie.

He sent me to a dermatologist, who sent my skin to a radiologist.

I need dental work on my pearly whites, or I’ll be gumming food not taking bites.

The doctor didn’t tell me so, but there’s another place that I must go.

I’ll be seeing the optometrist. I’ll begrudgingly add him to my list.

When a car behind me tried to pass, instead of slowing down, I hit the gas.

Home and rest were in my sights, but l didn’t see the policeman’s lights.

Don’t worry, I’m going to be just fine. I caught the problem just in time.

I’ve been freed by the simple truth. Those doctors tried to steal my youth.

I’ll stay home when I have a cold and I’ll decide when I get old!

I didn’t even have a chance to show those docs how well I dance.

11 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Testing 1..2..3

1. countrygirl57 January 14, 2019 / 8:15 pm

Love this! Hope all goes well tomorrow! Hugs 🤗. Love you. ❤️👍

2. Valerie Halla January 14, 2019 / 10:48 pm

Cracked me up reading this! Those colonoscopies aren’t bad- it’s the darn prep for them. The most hilarious commentary on colonoscopies was by Dave Barry.
    Try to Google it or I will send it.!

3. lifelessons January 14, 2019 / 11:41 pm

What was the occasion for the dance? You look like Snow White in it! Or is it Sleeping Beauty? I always get them mixed up.

4. scoper07 January 15, 2019 / 8:43 pm

I really like Dave Barry’s humor. Did you get that hat from Queen E MG?

• Mary Francis McNinch January 15, 2019 / 8:53 pm

I’m going to listen to it now! The hat was made by my friend Lady Jules who was the photographer at the awards show. She is definitely royalty. She is also Windy Lindy Bergh and flys the Queen around a lot 07.

5. scoper07 January 15, 2019 / 9:12 pm

Hope your test went well. The preparation is the worst part isn’t it? They definitely want one cleaned out prior to the test!