Murdo Girl…Operation, operation.

Today went by more quickly than I thought it would. I kept thinking this was the last day that I could accomplish much, since I would be recovering from surgery. I cleaned, did laundry, went for a walk with friends, shopped a little, and even detailed my car. Quite a productive day. It’s now almost nine o’clock and it’s time I should go to bed since I have to wake up at 3:45.

(I took this picture today of a beautiful blooming cactus in Kip’s cactus garden.)

20190515_2118271569869169607626214.jpg

I got a little discouraged after I slowed down and it dawned on me that, yes, tomorrow’s appointments will give us the answers to some of our questions and the surgery will be scheduled, but I may not actually be starting the process of the surgery and the healing…and whatever comes afterwards, for weeks. That’s a real bummer. It’s a weird feeling to walk around feeling pretty good, but knowing there is cancer growing in my body. There is an automatic built-in sense of urgency for the not so patient, patient.

I may have to do more laundry and clean the house, and change the sheets again before operation, operation takes place. We have been dealing with all of this since I got the colon cancer phone call on January 15th. My prayer worriers have been hanging in there all this time, and I’m very thankful for that.

I know I can get through whatever I need to and I have to remember that Kip is going through it, too. He’s been great, but it can’t be easy.

(I purchased this canvas wall hanging when I was resale shopping, today. It will look great in my she shed. Our lot came with a shed in the back yard that I have confiscated for my “Home for Beasterhops.”

20190515_2119504328498365603152604.jpg

Forgive my rambling. I appreciate being able to do that with some people I have grown to know and love through this blog.

I want to say a big thank you to my daughter-in-law, Amy, for the Breast Cancer Bible. Amy is a nurse and knows it will help me anticipate what comes next and to ask the right questions.

I’ll keep you posted…

9 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Operation, operation.

1. lifelessons May 15, 2019 / 10:00 pm

You are staying so strong through this, Mary. You have all my admiration and all my best thoughts and support streaming out in your direction. xooxox

2. Phyllis Jean Calkins May 15, 2019 / 11:27 pm

More Hugs&Prayers….pjc

• Mary Francis McNinch May 16, 2019 / 3:40 am

Dear Jean, With all the prayers, kindness and support I have coming my way way, I’m armed with the strength to get this all behind me!

3. Celene May 16, 2019 / 8:42 am

Praying for you, Mary! and Kip, too. I believe you’ve put on the armor of God.

4. Nancy May 16, 2019 / 2:19 pm

You and Kip are at the top of my prayer list. I admire the way you have handled yourself since your first cancer. It is totally okay to have a good cry and wash away some of those fears and disappoints too. Not that it will take them completely away, but sometimes it is a nice way to shed some of it for awhile. Bet your car looks nice and that doesn’t cause swollen eyes like crying! Love to both if you.

5. scoper07 May 17, 2019 / 6:49 am

I agree with everything said before me MG! You are very brave in publishing this private affair in a public setting. I hope it helps you cope. How wonderful you have so many praying for you. All the prayers will help you and Kip through this. Thanks for keeping us posted. Your strength is amazing MG!!

6. sanjuan831 May 17, 2019 / 8:36 am

I agree with Scoper agreeing to all previous comments and concerns. Sending love and admiration your way.

• Mary Francis McNinch May 17, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Well, cuz..I don’t feel like I’m talking about things too personal. I don’t want to make others uncomfortable, but cancer is affecting everyone in some way. Why should I be embarrased to talk about it, right?