Murdo Girl…Mick, Gordon, Chris, Roy, Frank, Tom, and a guy from Philip

1-ls

The local HyVee…I don’t think it matters what day it is.

I wonder what these guys are doing. Let’s listen in.

Chris: Hey Mick..what time is it?

Mick: It’s five minutes later than the last time you asked me Chris.

Gordon: Hey Mick..Why wouldn’t you tell Chris what time it is?

Mick: Because, he needs to learn how to tell time.

Roy: Jeez Gordon, are you trying to start something?

Gordon: What?

Frank: Didn’t we just have this same conversation yesterday?

Tom: No, I think it was the day before.

Roy: Hmm..I must not have been here.

Gordon: Yes you were Roy. I remember that shirt.

Roy: Oh yeah, that’s right. I like this shirt.

Chris: Hey Mick..What time is it?

Mick: Chris, why do you need to know what time it is all the time?

Gordon: Can I tell him?

Mick: Tell him what?

Frank: It sure is.

Roy: It sure is what Frank?

Frank: It sure is the same conversation we had day before yesterday. Roy had the same shirt on, and Chris kept asking what time it was.

Tom: Then what happened Frank?

Frank: I think the waitress came over and asked us how long our wives said we had to be gone.

Chris: She sure did. She said it was 10:00 o’clock.

Mick: Oh good, we can go home now.

Guy from Philip: See ya all tomorrow?

Roy, Frank, Tom, Chris, and Gordon: Yup…God willing and the creek don’t rise. Don’t forget your coffee cup.

Mick: Tomorrow we’ll talk about Billy Francis. Remember him?

Frank: Nah, we had that conversation yesterday

**************************

Some of these guys went to school with my brother. The class of 62 had 23 graduates. There were 18 boys and 5 girls. All but one learned how to tell time.

9 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Mick, Gordon, Chris, Roy, Frank, Tom, and a guy from Philip

1. sanjuan831 June 4, 2017 / 8:13 am

I don’t know what to make of this conversation with class of 62 and guy from Presho. Where would you get a bright yellow long sleeved shirt like that?

• sanjuan831 June 5, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Never heard of Hyvee’s. Kinda like Stuckey’s used to be but a cafe?

• scoper07 June 5, 2017 / 3:43 pm

HyVee is a chain full service grocery store. You can pick up a bouquet of flowers if you wish or a skinny latte at the coffee stand. They also have a restaurant and that’s probably where the guys are.

• Mary Francis McNinch June 9, 2017 / 1:50 pm

The guy is from Philip cuz. Sherri is from Presho and I’m pretty sure she can tell time.

2. lifelessons June 5, 2017 / 1:10 am

HA! Mick was in the class of 61 and Frank, I believe, 52 or 53. I saw this photo on Gordon’s Facebook page and was wondering what they were talking about. Thanks for being the fly on the wall.

3. scoper07 June 5, 2017 / 10:55 am

Only Billy’s little sister could pull off this story. How funny! Now I’ve got to figure out how to read my sun dial. Does it work at night too?