Murdo Girl…the road trip.. dog blog..6 at the 6

MG and Kip aren’t very much fun to over eavesdrop on. I don’t mean that in a vicious dog way. I will give you an example.

Day 4 at the Motel 6… Rapid City, SD

Kip: If you stop and think about it, this time at the Motel 6 isn’t really costing us that much more than if we were staying in the motor home. We would still be paying for our rv parking space.

MG: There is some truth in what you said…translation.. It is averaging about twice as much as the park space…and we would be moving on.

Kip: And no matter where we are, we would have to buy food.

MG: Why I never would have thought about it that way…translation..McDonalds, Perkins, and Pizza Hut cost twice as much as buying groceries to prepare in the motor home.

Kip: And we’re not spending near as much on fuel.

MG: Good point…translates to.. Could it be because we’re not moving on?

Kip: I’m sure glad we didn’t rent that cabin. It didn’t even have a television. I couldn’t have watched football today.

MG: Right…which translates to…he pulled a fast one on me.

I heard MG say she needed some retail therapy. She spent $26 at the Goodwill store. Is that a lot? I like my tail just like it is!

Pattie, Sammie, Dollie and I took long catnaps today. We’re even getting used to sleeping on the beds instead of the recliners. We’re all very, very close to our humans every minute of the day. They can’t make a move without us. They had to hide the bones in plain site, and they can forget about eating anything without us looking all sad faced so they will give us a bite.

Are you going to eat that all by yourself Kip?

Today, we got to go to Dinosaur Park. It was way up on a big hill. There wasn’t much for dogs to do there, so we drove to another park. It had a long trail and we walked 4,682 steps. We were all dog tired when got back to the Motel 6…

That’s about it for today.

Come and see us! We’ll leave the light on. Habark.

It was hard work pulling Kip all those steps.

I hope we go someplace and do something tomorrow. I heard MG say she was going to dye her roots. I don’t know what that is, but it sounds like fun.

Love…Cyndie Lou

15 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…the road trip.. dog blog..6 at the 6

• Mary Francis McNinch August 20, 2017 / 11:10 pm

It’s where Ken fished with GS rubidoux or something. Maybe it wasn’t in the Black Hills.

• lifelessons August 20, 2017 / 11:54 pm

Do you mean he fished in Sylvan Lake? Sylvan Lake is in the Black Hills.

• Mary Francis McNinch August 20, 2017 / 11:58 pm

I’m trying to remember the name of the lake that starts with an R..rubido or something close.

• lifelessons August 21, 2017 / 12:36 am

AT LEAST I think so. Can’t find anything on Google. Perhaps he wasn’t native American, but he was a senator or governor..Unless I dreamed it.. in the late 60’s. Don’t know how to spell it.

1. DIanna Kenobbie Diehm August 21, 2017 / 6:10 am

The name is Roubaix Lake.

2. scoper07 August 21, 2017 / 10:24 am

Count your blessings Cyndie Lou as your motor home could have required repairs in Puckwana. Kip and MGs conversations would have taken on a whole new meaning!

3. sanjuan831 August 21, 2017 / 3:21 pm

Love the dyed roots comment. (Motel 6 ain’t what it used to be.$)
    Glad you get the RV back tomorrow.
    Agree with Judy. Dollie would be such an interesting eavesdropping blogger.