Murdo Girl…the road trip..It was a perfect day for a perfect day

The day was sunny and 75 degrees so we decided to spend it exploring the town of Rushford. We had seen a map that showed a trail that led to something called Indian mounds. After looking for a while with no luck, we decided to ask a lady who was jogging along a path by the Rush Creek if she could help us. She didn’t know what or where they were, but she directed us to a trail where a lot of the town folk like to go for walks.

Looking back, I think she must have been upset that we interrupted her vigorous excersize. Some people are so dedicated they wouldn’t take a call from the Queen if she called during their work-out.(smiles)

We’re suckers for a new experience, so we drove to where the lady told us we would find the trail. We found it easily. It began at a cemetary which also should have set off a warning bell.

The trail looked pretty steep, but we decided to go for it.

wp-image-1837834225jpg.jpg

I forgot to mention that we brought the dogs. “This should be a lot of fun,” I thought. “I’ll take lots of pictures along the way.”

I don’t know what this building is or was, but I was glad to rest for a minute.

Kip loves to hike now. He and Cyndie are a little ahead of me, but then I have two dogs with me and they’re little. Kip only has one.

“Can you pull on me a little harder Sammie and Pattie? I need some help here!”

What’s the use of marrying an older man if he’s going to take up hiking at this age?

“I’m almost there Kip. I’m photographing a pretty flower!”

That wasn’t so bad, but I already knew my knees were going to hurt going back down.

Look what we saw on the way back. She just stood there and looked at me.I have a video too but I can’t get it to transfer to the blog. It was so awesome watching her.

It was a three doggy poop bag walk. That’s pretty long.

“I’m hungry!”…:”Me too!”

The end of the trail…literally for some. The Oak Grove Cemetary is very serene.

We went to a fun place for lunch. I ordered a chicken pesto panini sandwich and iced tea.

“What am I supposed to do with this?”

Hiking fool or not I’m keeping this guy. He knows how to scope out the good desserts.

I’ll end this with some shots of the beautiful little town of Rushford. We’re heading for Green Bay, Wisconsin tomorrow.

Can you tell we’re really enjoying this trip? We hope you are too!

10 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…the road trip..It was a perfect day for a perfect day

1. DIanna Kenobbie Diehm September 3, 2017 / 8:19 pm

Just W O W…..unbelievabley beautiful ♥️

• Mary Francis McNinch September 3, 2017 / 8:24 pm

Yes it is. We just got back from a walk downtown. At 8:00 that beautiful Lutheran church on the blog played a bell song. Peaceful…

2. scoper07 September 3, 2017 / 8:55 pm

Thanks for the nice photos and sharing your story. Glad you all are enjoying yourselves!

• scoper07 September 3, 2017 / 9:27 pm

All is well here MG. You know me more than most people do so I assume you could tell them in Murdo that I’m doing fine.

3. Bobby of Michigan September 3, 2017 / 9:06 pm

What comes after Wisconsin??

• Mary Francis McNinch September 3, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Illinois, then Indiana to visit a college friend of Kip’s. We’re going to see Noah’s Ark in Kentucky and friends in North Carolina.

• sanjuan831 September 4, 2017 / 8:27 pm

When are you visiting Michigan?

4. Mary Francis McNinch September 4, 2017 / 10:59 pm

We are directly across Lake Michigan from where Bobby lives. I emailed him to swim on over and visit us. It’s a 5 1/2 hr drive by land. I wanted to go to Iowa too, but we’re going to be late getting back as it is!

5. sanjuan831 September 5, 2017 / 8:56 am

Okay. You have to leave some places and people to visit on your next grand tour. Plus, you’re probably running out of storage space – all those t-shirts.