I finally finished decorating my cottage for Christmas, today. Christmas is just around the corner and I want to be ready. I’m kidding of course, but you know how fast time flies…pandemic and all. I really didn’t want to miss decorating for my favorite holiday which turned out to be better than I could have ever imagined. It would take pages to describe how wonderful it was. I will remember it for as long as I live..
1) My son and his family came from Wyoming and my two grandsons were baptized in our church.
2) After church, we had a family picnic at the Gun Barrel City Park with everyone else in the family except one son and his family and one grandson and his family.
3) I got to spend two days with one of the families who didn’t make it to the picnic along with the family from Wyoming.
4) I got back just in time to meet my great-granddaughter, Skyler, who shares my New Year’s Eve Birthday, for dinner. Her parents and little sister and her mother, our daughter, Heidi came with her…more family time.
5) Before all of this happened, we took a month long outdoor RV trip. We got back on the 23rd, so there was no time to decorate. (Why am I numbering things?)
My cottage looked all festive today when a friend brought lunch over. I made dessert and we had a great visit. It was time well spent.
I met friends for lunch three times this week. We all needed to talk and laugh and eat. I could cross off that last one, but I don’t want to. I have a friend whose favorite mantra is, “I choose joy!”
I think that’s a good choice to make. Thanks to her, I now have something beautiful that will remind me to make that choice. She’s coming over to the cottage next week and I’m really looking forward to it.
I got the coolest stocking cap for Christmas from another friend. It will be featured in a blog, soon, but if we get the three inches of snow that is forecast for tonight, I’ll have to wear it to church tomorrow…
I really do know how blessed I am and most days I’m very thankful…
If you get this before Christmas…Merry Christmas!
If this card gets to you late…Happy New Year!
If you don’t get one at all, please forgive us.
We’re sending you some combo- holiday cheer.
Please be our Valentine on Thanksgiving.
Happy Birthday to an older, wiser, you.
We’re trying to reduce our cost of living.
We’re sorry, but there might be postage due.
May your days be filled with countless Blessings.
May you count them anyway in Gratitude.
God’s Grace should be at the top… I’m guessing
Let us pray for a world with a loving Attitude.
YOU are such a blessing to all who know you . !!
Thank you for that. It’s the nicest thing you could say VK