Murdo Girl…Why the fuss?

I’ve been feeling strange for days now and I’ve something to discuss.

I fear my stress-filled life, is not harmoneous.

I feel so out of sorts… and I’ve begun to cuss.

That adds to the feeling that I’m somehow treasonous.

Have I forgotten something? My mind is not A Plus.

I thought it would get sharper if I ate asparagus.

I know I think about myself more than I think of us.

But I doubt that even bothers me… and thus

far I’ve found no answers for my inner vacuous.

Hey! I know who I’ll talk to. I think I’ll go call Gus.

Oh wait! Is this his birthday? I can’t call him and fuss…or cuss…or discuss treasonous. But I’ll tell him he’s A Plus to us.

Happy Birthday to a man who has been a wonderful part of our lives for over 47 years. A second father… Gus.

11 thoughts on “Murdo Girl…Why the fuss?

1. scoper07 May 30, 2018 / 2:58 pm

Another nice poem and picture MG! It is wonderful you feel that way about Gus. Who is that other young lady in the picture?

• sanjuan831 May 31, 2018 / 8:03 am

Thanks for the complement. I was 49 on my last birthday…again.

• sanjuan831 May 31, 2018 / 8:05 am

Hi, cuz Bobby! Been working at school testing kids and had a fourth grader named ARLO. Don’t hear that name anymore.

2. lifelessons May 31, 2018 / 8:32 pm

Who is the man across from Gus? Is that Frank Brost?

3. Patti Arnieri May 31, 2018 / 8:42 pm

You know these people, Judy! Bob Brost is behind, Bill Francis is in front.

• lifelessons June 1, 2018 / 9:51 pm

Oops. I can see this now. It was just an odd angle. Once Patti pointed it out, I could see it is Billie. Yes, I recognized Valerie. You two still look like kids.

4. Bobby May 31, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Love these family and friend skirmishes-so many memories to reconcile. And I do recall that Lav has had at least one forty ninth birthday-believe it. Advise that Arlo head to the nearest college.